As Clearbrook Grain & Milling Ltd. continues to grow and serve the local agricultural community, we are seeking an energetic, self-motivated individual to join our team.
The Assistant Production Manager assists in ensuring smooth and efficient scheduling and delivery functions for the company by maintaining quality production and efficient transportation of products, ensuring optimal production planning and logistical coordination of all the feed being produced and delivered from the plant.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Together with the Production Manager, direct, plan, co-ordinate, and control the sequencing and delivering of the product.
- Maintain and ensure execution of the Production Schedule: review long-term forecasts to identify and mitigate possible capacity/material issues and recommend appropriate action.
- Monitor personnel and/or equipment locations and utilization in order to coordinate service and schedules.
- Breakdown, verify and process driver delivery paperwork.
- Assign drivers to trucks and provide accurate directions to customers.
- Advise personnel about traffic problems such as construction areas, accidents, congestion, weather conditions and other hazards.
- Maintain accurate up to date information on delivery equipment so that drivers will know what they are driving and what is available for use at any given time during the day.
- Create, monitor and report on weekly and monthly logistics and production key performance indicators.
- Consult with Operators on quality issues; evaluate the overall QA performance of the manufacturing unit.
- Assist manager with Increasing production, assessing capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary cost and maintaining current quality standards.
- Track data for the efficiencies of the mill using appropriate software when applicable.
- Create and maintain production and manufacturing documentation.
- Identify relevant training needs and opportunities.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with local, national, and international standards and legislation.
- Participate in Mill Management meetings to plan out activities in future time periods.
- Constantly look for improvements and help implement solutions.
- Other related duties as required.
Qualifications and Skills:
- A good command of written and spoken English language.
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently in making decision and taking actions.
- Management experience in a production facility
- Working experience in logistics
- Post-Secondary education in Business Administration, Agriculture or Engineering
- Strong knowledge of computer software applications, including Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of feed mill operations
- Knowledge of local and federal regulations and ordinances
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Please reply to this job posting by selecting the APPLY NOW button.