As Excel Feeds Inc. continues to grow and serve the local agricultural community, we are seeking an energetic, self-motivated individual to assist as a Class 1 driver. This position will be full-time hours.
Responsible to the Mill/Production Manager for the delivery and/or pick-up of product. We are looking to fill an afternoon/evening shift Monday to Friday.
- Responsible for pre-trip vehicle inspections, and enroute inspections of truck and product.
- Delivers and picks up products as required by assigned route, ensuring smooth fulfillment of daily tasks in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Responsible for loading and unloading bulk feed deliveries according to CFIA standards (including following sequencing and flushing procedures as required).
- Maintains and updates all records and paperwork according to Company standards (i.e. Bill of lading, Inspection report (Pre-trip, En-route, Post-Trip, Trip Reports, Unloading Logs).
- Informs Mill Manager immediately of concerns and/or problems while helping to correct any mistakes especially in regards to issues upon delivery of products.
- Responsible for vehicle cleanliness according to Company standards and policies.
- Responsible for verifying conveyances is up to date.
- Responsible for all purchases applied to fuel card holder’s account.
- Responsible for carrying the necessary and required equipment on vehicle (changes, safety gear).
- Must possess a valid BC Class 1 Driver’s License
- Must possess airbrake certification
- Agriculture experience and/or feed mill experience would be an asset this position.
- Previous class 1 driving experience would be an asset to this position.
Please reply to this job posting by selecting the APPLY NOW button.