We are looking for an energetic and self-motivated Operations Accountant to join our team. The successful candidate will be reporting to the Controller, and as a member of the Accounts team, responsible for daily accounting entries in AP and AR and assisting in monthly and year-end operations reporting.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the mills’ accounts payable, inventory landed costs, coding and entering of invoices after ensuring reasonableness and adequate approvals for payments have been obtained.
- Check invoices against contracts, or purchase orders where applicable.
- Responsible for following-up with departments and suppliers on invoice issues or contracts.
- Post transactions in accordance with company procedures and approval policies.
- Responsible for preparing weekly EFT payments, wire transfers and cheque runs for the mills.
- Responsible for maintaining vendor files and ensuring that filing of accounts payable information is done on a timely basis.
- Responsible for vendors’ statement reconciliation.
- Reconcile intercompany accounts, accruals and commissions and other GL accounts at each period end.
- Provide periodic accruals of outstanding bills at period end close.
- Monitor accounts receivable for timely payments and communicate with customers with outstanding balances.
- Assist in identifying areas for process improvement and any gaps and help establish effective and efficient accounting practices within the division.
- Assist the controller during period- and fiscal- year-end close or other projects.
- Responsible to be cross trained in other senior accounting duties.
- Enrolled and working towards, or completed, CPA program or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years’ accounting experience, preferably in a multi-company environment.
- Strong accounting, financial and analytical skills
- Sound knowledge of accounting principles
- Ability to convert rates of metric versus imperial units and currency units
- Goal-oriented and ability to take ownership over assigned tasks
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to problem solve and work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Analytical – an investigator who follows through
- Advanced level of MS Office skills with an emphasis in MS Excel
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP is an asset
If this describes you, we’d love to talk to you – please submit a cover letter along with your resume.
This is a full-time salaried position with group benefits after 3 months of employment.
Please reply to this job posting by selecting the APPLY NOW button.