As Clearbrook Grain & Milling Ltd. continues to grow and serve the local agricultural community, we are seeking an energetic, self-motivated individual to join our team.
Technical Sales and Service Representatives are responsible to market livestock feed and nutritional products to customers. They often meet with customers, either by phone or in person, to discuss the customer’s needs on the farm and/or business. They maintain detailed records of their sales and develop prospective client lists, schedule visits, file expense reports and provide ongoing customer service. They must constantly educate themselves about the livestock feed industry and the company’s specific product line. They are directly responsible to the Sales and Service Manager for poultry feed sales and service.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Generates and takes orders from customers, handles requests for quotations and follows up on requests for product information.
- Make outbound calls to potential and existing customers by telephone or email to sell productions and services which result to be productive and profitable.
- Develop a method to follow up on all quotations.
- Maintain accurate, complete and timely sales information.
- Overcome business and technical objections of prospective customers.
- Liaises with all sales staff to ensure that sales activities are met in a timely, and efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Assists in planning, coordinating, implementing and monitoring Company sales and feed programs to enhance and maximize dairy production and performance.
- Responsible for being familiar with product information; characteristics and product use recommendations.
- Responsible for communicating sales, which may affect production and inventory to appropriate personnel.
- Maintains knowledge of, and contact with, existing customers and potential prospects on a regular, timely, and efficient manner.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate inventory counts including climbing bins if necessary on farm.
- Maintains up-to-date information and knowledge on sales and market trends, product performance, and industry information.
- Attend trade shows as necessary as it is productive and contributes to increases sales.
- Assists in the preparation of the Sales Department operating budget, capital budget and operation plan.
- Informs Feed Sales and Service Manager immediately of concerns and/ or problems.
- Acts as a representative at key industry meetings and functions.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum three (3) sales and/or service experience in an agricultural related field.
- Knowledge of customer and prospects considered an asset.
- Animal husbandry experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Science or equivalent experience.
- Possess Veterinary Drug Dispenser license or willing to acquire within three (3) months probationary period
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must possess good organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Must possess a high level of energy.
- Able to sustain continuous work activity.
- Ability to relate professionally with customers, suppliers, and personnel.
- Working knowledge of agricultural production systems.
- Animal husbandry knowledge and skills.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Intermediate office software knowledge.
- Must have a valid B.C. Driver’s License.
Please reply to this job posting by selecting the APPLY NOW button.