The Retail Store Coordinator is responsible to the Marketing Director for managing store activities and duties such as inventory control, cash control, store promotions and displays, and customer service.
- Responsible for developing and establishing relationships with customers through sales and service activities. This includes possessing an excellent understanding and knowledge base of store products, answering and following up with customer requests, correspondence with customers regarding product information, resolving customer complaints and concerns with the assistance of sales staff and the Marketing Director when required.
- Supports the feed sales and service department by providing product updates, fostering teamwork and acts as liaison between customers and the sales teams to enhance sales and service.
- Responsible for developing and establishing relationships with suppliers through purchasing and technical support activities, resolving supplier problems, researching new and alternative sources of supply, and coordinating promotional and booking programs.
- Responsible for inventory control. This includes accurate billing to customer accounts, frequent inventory counts, accurate entry and adjustments of inventory items. It also involves ordering products in a timely and efficient manner, ensuring that all products are purchased in a cost-effective manner.
- Responsible for monitoring and controlling inventory costs, advertising/promotional and administrative costs, as well as establishing retail prices.
- Responsible for day-end and daily processing reports and procedures and daily balancing of cash receipts.
- Responsible for coordinating store advertising and promotions with Marketing Director.
- Responsible for handling and coordinating bagged feed orders and deliveries to ensure that deliveries are made in a cost-effective and efficient manner.
- Responsible for approving supplier invoices for store related transactions.
- Responsible for being knowledgeable on all store products, being up to date on new products and industry trends. This includes attending meetings to obtain product an industry related information.
- Responsible for coordinating store displays and ensuring that the store-front, aisles, storage areas, and warehouse are maintained in an organized fashion and are attractive to customers, business partners, and visitors. This includes ensuring that products are undamaged and clean, properly displayed, accurately labeled, and priced.
- Responsible for managing various monthly and annual reports, such as the feed sales departments’ sales summaries and Vetoquinol Club Card sales.
- Responsible for generating annual veterinary and pesticide reports to apply for and maintain annual renewals.
- Responsible for importing various goods from U.S. manufacturers and suppliers.
- Responsible for maintaining, updating and implementing standard operating procedures for veterinary biologics importation (as specified by CFIA).
- Responsible for maintaining Standard Operating Procedures and creating as required.
- Two (2) years of related experience.
- Agricultural background is an asset.
- Customer service/retail selling or related courses.
- Possess Pesticide Dispenser Certificate, Veterinary Drug Dispensers Certificate and Forklift Certificate, or must acquire within 3 months of commencing employment.
- Must have a good command of spoken and written English language.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills as well as organizational skills.
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Must be enthusiastic and a self-starter.
- Must be a team player.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50lbs.
- Ability to operate forklift and any other equipment commonly used.
- Intermediate office software knowledge: Great Plains experience an asset.
Please reply to this job posting by selecting the APPLY NOW button.