As the Friesen Group of Companies continues to grow and serve the local agricultural community, we are seeking an energetic, self-motivated individual to assist in the Clearbrook Grain & Milling Co. Ltd. mill. This position is responsible to the mill manager for the mixing, batching and pelleting of Poultry feeds following established Company procedures and quality controls. This is a part-time, weekend position.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for daily checking boiler function and daily manufacturing of feeds.
- Ensures formulas, batching accuracy, mixing and sequencing procedures are followed.
- Responsible for all required testing of finished feeds.
- Responsible for daily Medication Reconciliation.
- Ensure all pelleting is being produced in accordance with company guidelines. IE. Correct conditioning temperatures, correct texture, and correct liquid addition.
- Ensure all forms pertaining to production are completed accurately.
- Responsible for checking quality of and verification of all incoming ingredients (includes daily visual checks).
- Responsible for daily, weekly and monthly cleaning schedules.
- Ensures proper mill shut down.
- Performs daily computer back-up and inventory reports
Qualifications and Skills:
- Class 4 Boiler ticket endorsement
- Previous feed mill experiences an asset
- Computer experience and knowledge would be an asset to this position
- Must have a good command of written and spoken English language.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently in making decision and taking actions.
Extended health and dental benefits are provided after 6 months.
There is a $1.00 per hour premium for having a steam ticket.
Hourly rate is $24.14 – $30.21 per hour
Please reply to this job posting by selecting the APPLY NOW button.