As the Friesen Group of Companies continues to grow and serve the local agricultural community, we are seeking an energetic, self-motivated individual to assist in the Clearbrook Grain & Milling Co. Ltd. mill. This position is responsible to the mill manager for the mixing, batching and pelleting of livestock and poultry feeds following established Company procedures and quality controls. This is a part-time, weekend position.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for daily checking boiler function and daily manufacturing of feeds.
- Ensures formulas, batching accuracy, mixing and sequencing procedures are followed.
- Responsible for all required testing of finished feeds.
- Responsible for daily Medication Reconciliation.
- Ensure all pelleting is being produced in accordance with company guidelines. IE. Correct conditioning temperatures, correct texture, and correct liquid addition.
- Ensure all forms pertaining to production are completed accurately.
- Responsible for checking quality of and verification of all incoming ingredients (includes daily visual checks).
- Responsible for daily, weekly and monthly cleaning schedules.
- Ensures proper mill shut down.
- Performs daily computer back-up and inventory reports
- Informs a Supervisor immediately of concerns and/ or problems
Qualifications and Skills:
- Previous feed mill experiences an asset
- Computer experience and knowledge would be an asset to this position
- Must have a good command of written and spoken English language.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently in making decision and taking actions.
- Grade 12 Education
- Class 4 Boiler ticket endorsement
- Must possess forklift certification or be certified within 3 months
Please reply to this job posting by selecting the APPLY NOW button.