We are looking for an energetic and self-motivated Accounts Assistant to join our team. The successful candidate will have exceptional customer service skills, outstanding organization abilities and demonstrated attention to detail.
In coordination with other Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable staff, the Accounts Assistant is responsible for ensuring timely and accurate entry of account information into the accounting system.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, assisting with:
- AR duties and other accounting functions as necessary
- Maintaining accurate customer files
- Processing and submitting customer invoice
- Bank deposits and posting payments received from customers
- Processing credit card and EFT payments from customers
- Monitoring outstanding accounts receivable and communicating with customer for collections
- Issuing timely monthly statements to send to customers
- Accounts Payable and general accounting duties as necessary
- Provide assistance during period and fiscal year end close.
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Completion of accounting courses an asset
- Ability to convert rates of metric vs. imperial units
- Ability to work well with immediate supervisor and assist with prioritized tasks as directed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to problem solve and work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Medium Level of competency with Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Great Plains experience as asset.
If this describes you, we’d love to talk to you – please submit a cover letter along with your resume.
This is a full-time salaried position with group benefits after 3 months of employment.
Please reply to this job posting by selecting the APPLY NOW button.