Accounts Payable Administrator
Accounts Payable Administrator (18-month term)
Reporting to the Controller, and in coordination with other Accounts staff, responsible for ensuring timely and accurate entry of accounts payable information into the accounting system and processing payments.
1. Responsible for the accurate coding and entering of invoices after ensuring reasonableness and adequate approvals for payments have been obtained.
2. Checking invoices against contracts, or leases where applicable.
3. Responsible for verification of quantities, pricing, special pricing programs (buys and rebates).
4. Responsible for adjusting invoices for price and quantity variances – freight and duty/brokerage allocation.
5. Responsible for allocating and posting inter-Company charges.
6. Responsible for following-up with departments and suppliers on invoice issues.
7. Responsible for administering employee expense reports.
8. Process and pay company credit cards.
9. Run a weekly payment report for approval and recommend vendor payments.
10. Run weekly bill payment reports for online payments, ensuring all bill payments are paid on time.
11. Responsible for preparing weekly EFT payments and cheque runs for all companies.
12. Responsible for maintaining vendor files and ensuring that filing of accounts payable information is done on a timely basis.
13. Responsible for generating reports to management as required, including weekly reports.
14. Responsible for Vendors’ Statement Reconciliation.
15. Providing periodic accruals of outstanding bills at period end close.
16. Handling inquiries regarding the status of payments.
17. Reconciling accounts payable sub-ledger to general ledger at each period end.
18. Preparing accruals for period end.
Work Experience Requirements:
Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in Accounts Payable in a multi-company environment.
Accounting diploma or equivalent accounting courses.
• Goal-oriented and takes ownership over assigned tasks.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to problem solve and work independently as well as part of a team.
• Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
• Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail and accuracy.
• Analytical – an investigator who follows through.
• Intermediate Microsoft Excel knowledge; Great Plains experience an asset.
"(required)" indicates required fields