Responsible to the Production Manager for the mixing, batching and pelleting of livestock feeds following established Company procedures and quality controls.
Duties will include:
- Responsible for daily checking boiler function and daily manufacturing of feeds.
- Ensures formulas, batching accuracy, mixing and sequencing procedures are followed
- Responsible for all required testing of finished feeds.
- Responsible for daily Medication Reconciliation.
- Ensure all pelleting is being produced in accordance with company guidelines, i.e. correct conditioning temperatures, correct texture, and correct liquid addition.
- Ensure all forms pertaining to production are completed accurately.
- Responsible for checking quality of and verification of all incoming ingredients (includes daily visual checks).
- Responsible for daily, weekly and monthly cleaning schedules.
- Ensures proper mill shut down.
- Performs daily computer back-up and inventory reports.
- Informs a Supervisor immediately of concerns and/or problems.
- Class 4 Boiler ticket endorsement
- Must have a good command of written and spoken English language.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently in making decision and taking actions.
- Grade 12 Education
- Must possess forklift certification or be certified within 3 months
- Computer experience and knowledge would be an asset to this position
If this describes you, we’d love to talk to you – please submit a cover letter along with your resume.
Please reply to this job posting by selecting the APPLY NOW button.