Based in Abbotsford, BC, the Friesen Group of Companies have served the local agricultural community since 1953 with operations in livestock feed milling, a hatchery, and poultry operations. At Friesen Group, we offer competitive salaries, benefits and a supportive team and family-oriented environment.
We are looking for an energetic and self-motivated Dairy Feed Sales and Service Representative to join our team. The successful candidate will have a love of agriculture, with exceptional customer service skills, outstanding organization abilities and demonstrated attention to detail.
This is a salaried position with bonus potential, vehicle and expense allowance, and group benefits after 3 months of employment.
Technical Sales and Service Representatives are responsible to market livestock feed and nutritional products to customers. They often meet with customers, either by phone or in person, to discuss the customer’s needs on the farm and/or business. They maintain detailed records of their sales and develop prospective client lists, schedule visits, file expense reports and provide ongoing customer service. They must constantly educate themselves about the livestock feed industry and the company’s specific product line. They are directly responsible to the Director of Sales and Service for poultry feed sales and service.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Science or equivalent experience.
- Minimum three (3) years sales and/or service experience in an agricultural related field.
- Knowledge of customers and prospects considered an asset.
- Dairy husbandry experience preferred.
- Possess Veterinary Drug Dispenser license or willing to acquire within three (3) months probationary period.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must possess good organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to relate professionally with customers, suppliers, and personnel.
- Working knowledge of agricultural production systems.
- Dairy husbandry knowledge and skills.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Intermediate office software knowledge
- Must have a valid B.C. Driver’s License
Please reply to this job posting by selecting the APPLY NOW button.