Maintenance Technician (Temporary, Approx. 3 months)
Responsible to the Maintenance Manager, Maintenance personnel are responsible for all repair and maintenance of building and equipment in the mill including fabricating, small fleet maintenance, mechanical and general maintenance duties. They will also be responsible for installing, troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining equipment in accordance with safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes.
- Ensure the maintenance and repair of all equipment and machinery.
- Responsible for the cleanliness and organization within the workshop. Ensure all tools and spare parts are warehoused in efficient and safe manner.
- Assist the Maintenance Manager with the Advanced Maintenance Management System (AMMS) at all three (3) facilities.
- Report to the Maintenance Manager any foreseeable downtime of the mills.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of equipment, structures and grounds on the property including being on call when needed.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Able to fabricate any given item to ensure the efficiencies of the mill.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervisor.
- Responsible for keeping a daily log to be submitted to the Maintenance Manager
- Previous industry-related maintenance experience
- Strong equipment and mechanical troubleshooting skills
- Physical strength and stamina to do the required maintenance and repair work
- Must have a good command of written and spoken English language
- Must be organized and detail oriented
- A Millwright ticket would be an asset to this position.
- A class 4 boiler ticket would be an asset to the position
"(required)" indicates required fields